Rice Pakora Recipe
Keema Pakora Recipe
Minced Chicken breasts 200 grams
Chopped Ginger: 1 inch piece
Chopped Onion 1 medium
Salt to taste
Red chili powder 3/4 Teaspoon
Green chillies, chopped 2
Coriander leaves, chopped 2 tablespoons
Turmeric powder 1/4 Teaspoon
Gram flour 2 tablespoons
Flour 2 tablespoons
Lemon juIce 2 tablespoons
Oil to deep fry
• Take chicken and mince it in the food processor.
• Add ginger, onion, eggs, salt, red chili powder, green chilies, coriander leaves, turmeric powder, gram flour, flour and lemon juice and mix well.
• Heat sufficient oil in a wok. Drop small portions of the batter into the oil with your fingers and deep fry on medium heat till golden and crisp.
• Drain and place them on an absorbent paper. Serve hot
Crispy Palak Pakora Recipe
Ingredients (american measuring cup used, 1 cup = 250 ml)
1 cup besan/gram flour
1 to 1.5 cup spinach or palak, finely chopped
1 medium size onion, chopped
1 tsp chopped ginger, chopped
1 green chili, chopped
1 tsp fennel seed powder (saunf powder)
¼ to ½ tsp red chili powder
1 tsp coriander powder/dhania powder
1 tsp cumin powder/jeera powder
a pinch of asafoetida/hing
2 tbsp sesame seeds
½ cup to 1 cup water – see notes below
salt to taste
oil for deep frying
mix everything to a semi thick batter.
the batter should not be thin.
almost like idli batter.
take spoonfuls and fry the pakora in hot oil till they are golden brown in color.
serve palak pakora hot with chutney, tomato sauce and bread slices.
1. for folks who do not eat onions, just skip onions in the pakora. it will still taste delicious.
2. remember the spinach and onions will release water once they are mixed with salt and the spice powders. so be careful while adding water. just add ½ cup of water first. mix well and keep aside for 5 minutes. if the batter is still thick than add some more water.
3. i have given ½ to 1 cup water as the consistency of the batter depends upon the quality of chickpea flour used. I use chickpea flour which is ground at home and not the ready made ones. the ready made ones are very fine. the one which i use is a little coarse. so obviously i add more water to the batter than what i would have added otherwise.
Serving size: 3-4