Lehsan K Fawaid in Urdu – Garlic Amazing Benefits
Lehsan K Fawaid in Urdu – Garlic Amazing Benefits
10 Amazing Health Benefits Of Rutabaga / Turnip / Shalgam
Rutabaga / Turnip Meaning in Urdu Hindi is Shalgam / Shaljam
Do you have a hard time managing your weight? Or do you feel you have a weak immunity? There is one ingredient that can cure these ailments in addition to many others! It is the rutabaga vegetable we are talking about!
Would you like to know the many other benefits of rutabaga? Please go ahead with your read!
1. Weight Loss:
Excess weight is one of the most common problems in today’s world, and rutabaga is an excellent remedy for that. If you are looking for foods that boost weight loss, you definitely have to try this! It is very low in calories and full of nutrition. Rutabaga boosts metabolism and helps you lose fat quick. Add more of this to your diet in order to see a change!
2. Boosts Digestion:
Another health benefit of rutabaga is its ability to boost digestion. It ensures timely bowel movement and prevents gas problems, bloating, flatulence and constipation. It improves overall health and helps you control bad eating habits.
3. Source of Antioxidants:
Rutabaga is an excellent source of antioxidants. It is full of Vitamin C that prevents your skin from fine lines, wrinkles and dark spots. Rutabaga also improves your eyesight and helps you see well. With this healthy ingredient, you can combat free radicals and protect your body from dangerous and life threatening diseases. It prevents the growth of tumours in your body, especially those that are cancerous.
4. Boosts Immunity:
Rutabaga is also good for your immune system. It helps in the production of white blood cells. It also boosts the production of collagen in your body and heals all muscles and tissues. Rutabaga is rich in Vitamin C that can help in the prevention of colorectal cancer.
5. Healthier Bones:
Rutabaga is excellent for your bones. It contains Vitamin C that keeps your bones healthy and strong. It also contains zinc, magnesium, phosphorus, manganese that helps in the maintenance of bone tissues.
6. Healthy Heart:
Rutabaga is a must for your heart! It helps in the reduction of bad cholesterol and protects the arteries from getting blocked. It is full of fibre and potassium that lowers the risk of heart attacks and strokes.
7. Blood Pressure:
Rutabaga is rich in potassium. This reduces blood pressure as well as the contraction of blood vessels. It will increase oxygenation of the vital organs and lower the chances of blood clotting. Rutabaga is full of nutrition that helps you maintain your blood pressure levels. So start taking rutabaga and banish high blood pressure from your life!
8. Source Of Zinc:
Zinc contains enzymatic functions without which your body could be prone to dangerous conditions. The high levels of zinc found in rutabaga have been praised for this reason.
9. Prevents Cancer:
Rutabaga is a cruciferous veggie that contains phytochemicals that help in the elimination of toxins from the liver. It contains glucosinolates that prevent cancer. Rutabaga is also a great source of antioxidants which prevents any kind of radical injury to both your cells and DNA.
Rutabaga is also a great option for all those who suffer from asthma. It significantly reduces wheezing as well. Lack of Vitamin C could lead to scurvy and discoloration. When you consume rutabaga on a regular basis, the chances of you getting bruised are reduced to a large extent.
So include rutabaga in your diet and enjoy a Continue reading
Tomato Health Benefits – Amazing Secrets
Note For Urdu Readers: Yeh Article Urdu Main Is Page Kay End per Dia gaya hay, Urdu Main parhnay k laiye page k akhir main jain…
Surprising Health Benefits of Tomatoes:
Tomatoes! They’re sweet, juicy, and delicious. Everyone knows they are good for you, right? Uh, yeah, sure. Does everyone know specifically why tomatoes are a healthful food? Ummm… They have vitamin C? They’re low in calories? They’re fat-free? Yes, yes, and yes, but that’s not all!
Let’s look at what makes the tomato an excellent healthy choice.
One serving of red, ripe, raw tomatoes (one cup or 150 grams) is a good source of Vitamins A, C, K, folate and potassium. Tomatoes are naturally low in sodium, saturated fat, cholesterol, and calories. Tomatoes also provide thiamin, niacin, vitamin B6, magnesium, phosphorus and copper, all of which are necessary for good health.
On top of that, one serving of tomatoes gives you 2 grams of fiber, which is 7% of the daily recommended amount. Tomatoes also have a relatively high water content, which makes them a filling food. In general eating plenty of fruits and vegetables, including tomatoes, confers protection against high blood pressure, high cholesterol, strokes, and heart disease.
One tomato packs one powerful punch of nutrition, but there’s much more!
Tomatoes make your skin look great. Beta-carotene, also found in carrots and sweet potatoes, helps protect skin against sun damage. Tomatoes’ lycopene also makes skin less sensitive to UV light damage, a leading cause of fine lines and wrinkles.
Tomatoes build strong bones.The vitamin K and calcium in tomatoes are both very good for strengthening and repairing bones.
Lycopene also has been shown to improve bone mass, which is a great way to fight osteoporosis.
Tomatoes are a natural cancer fighter. Lycopene (again!) can reduce the risk of several cancers, including prostate, cervical, mouth, pharynx, throat, esophagus, stomach, colon, rectal, prostate and ovarian cancer. Tomatoes’ antioxidants (vitamins A and C) fight the free radicals which can cause cell damage.
Maintain Blood Sugar
Tomatoes can keep your blood sugar in balance. Tomatoes are a very good source of chromium, which helps to regulate blood sugar.
Tomatoes can improve your vision. The vitamin A that tomatoes provide can improve vision and help prevent night blindness. Recent research shows that consuming tomatoes may help reduce the risk of macular degeneration, a serious and irreversible eye condition.
Tomatoes will even make your hair look better.The vitamin A found in tomatoes works to make hair strong and shiny. (Sorry, tomatoes cannot help much with thinning hair—but they will make the hair you have look better!)
Prevent Kidney Stones and Gallstones
Tomatoes can help prevent kidney stones and gallstones. Some studies suggest that kidney and gall stones are less likely to form in people who eat tomatoes without the seeds.
Tomatoes can reduce chronic pain. If you are one of the millions of people who deal with mild to moderate chronic pain (such as from arthritis or back pain), tomatoes may be a pain-buster. Tomatoes are high in bioflavonoids and carotenoids, which are known anti-inflammatory agents.
Chronic pain often involves chronic inflammation, so attacking the inflammation is a good way to fight the chronic pain. (Many commercial drugs that fight pain are actually anti-inflammatory drugs.)
Tomatoes can help you lose weight. If you are on a sensible diet and exercise plan, build lots of tomatoes into your everyday eating. They make a great snack and can be used to “bulk up” salads, casseroles, sandwiches and other meals. Because tomatoes contain lots of water and fiber, they are what Weight Watchers calls a “filling food,” one of those foods that fills you up fast without adding a lot of calories or fat.
Easy Ways to Eat More Tomatoes
Courtesy of Belief Net
Peel Health Benefits of Fruits & Vegetables
From garlic to bananas, don’t bin the skin: Eating fruit and vegetable peel could combat cancer
Drop the peeler — eating the skins of fruit and vegetables could boost your nutritional intake of vitamins, combat cancer and increase your energy levels.
Dr Marilyn Glenville, former president of the Food and Health Forum at the Royal Society of Medicine, says: ‘All fruit and vegetables have a “bio-synergy”, which means the nutritional benefits of each part are reinforced by the others.’
And the skin is not the only healthy bit we discard — stalks and cores can also be packed with nutrients.
Here, we reveal the fruit and vegetables you should try to eat whole…
Fruit peel characteristics:
Fruit peel is either firmly adherent to its underlying flesh as in berries, and apples or rather loosely, as in oranges, banana…etc. Its thickness varies widely, even in the same family fruits, ranging from paper thin to very thick shell like as in mangosteen.
In some raw fruits, the peel has neutral taste, as in grapes and apples. It can be bitter and inedible because of high tannin content as found in papaya and unripe sapodilla. As the fruit ripens, the peel becomes easily separable from the pulp (bananas). In addition, its components turn sweeter and become pleasant-tasting as in sapodilla, guava, kiwifruit, and kumquat.
Fruit ripening is purely an enzymatic process, which brings certain characteristic changes to the fruit color, aroma, taste, maturity (hardening) of seeds…etc.
The peel in some fruits, like guava, is firmly cohesive to its pulp and, indeed, in some fruits it turns tastier than the flesh as the fruit ripens.
Fruit peel is very rich in essential oils, which give characteristic aroma to the fruit. These oil glands are spread all over the peel but denser near its pits. These oil glands are quite uniquely prominent in citrus fruits like lemons, and oranges.
The hairy skin of the kiwi fruit is high in antioxidants and thought to have anti-cancer, anti-inflammatory and anti-allergenic properties, says Dr Glenville.
‘The skin contains three times the antioxidants of the pulp; it also fights off bugs such as Staphylococcus and E-coli, which are responsible for food poisoning.’
HOW TO EAT IT: If regular kiwi skin is too tart for you, opt for ‘gold’ kiwi fruit (£1.99 for four, waitrose.com), which have sweeter, less hairy skins, but with the same benefits. Use the skin if you are juicing the fruit.
Don’t panic — it’s the tough core of the pineapple, not the prickly skin you should be tucking into.
Along with fibre and vitamin C, a pineapple’s real benefit lies in an enzyme called bromelain, which breaks down food and dead human tissues linger in the digestive system quickly, protecting the stomach.
‘The core of a pineapple contains twice the bromelain concentration of the surrounding fruit,’ says Dr Glenville.
HOW TO EAT IT: Press and crush the core and add the juice to smoothies. It can be stringy, but the left-over pulp can also be added to soups or casseroles for extra fibre.
Those neat little florets look more appealing, but there’s every reason to eat the stalks, too.
‘Broccoli stalks can be less flavourful than the florets, but they are notably higher in calcium and vitamin C,’ says Dr Glenville. The stalks are also high in soluble fibre, so you’ll feel fuller for longer.
HOW TO EAT IT: Simply shred the stalks into thin strips and add to stir-fry or serve steamed.
Researchers in Taiwan discovered banana peel extract can ease depression as it is rich in serotonin, the mood-balancing chemical. The skin was also found to be good for eyes, as it contains the antioxidant lutein which protects eye cells from exposure to ultraviolet light — a leading cause of cataracts.
HOW TO EAT IT: The research team advises boiling the peel for ten minutes and drinking the cooled water or putting it through a juicer and drinking the juice.
Garlic skin contains six separate antioxidant compounds, according to research from Japan. ‘Peeling garlic cloves removes the phenylpropanoid antioxidants which help fight the ageing process and protect the heart,’ explains Dr Glenville.
HOW TO EAT IT: Drizzle olive oil over half or even a whole garlic head, then add to your baking tray when cooking a roast dinner or oven-baked Mediterranean vegetables.
Orange and tangerine peel is high in powerful antioxidants called super-flavonoids, which can significantly reduce levels of ‘bad’ LDL cholesterol, without lowering the ‘good’ HDL levels.
The antioxidants obtained from the peel were 20 times more powerful than those from the juice, according to a U.S. study.
‘The same goes for all citrus fruits,’ says Dr Glenville. ‘The white pith contains high levels of pectin, a component of dietary fibre known to lower cholesterol and colonise the gut with beneficial bacteria.’
HOW TO EAT IT: Add grated citrus peel to cauliflower cheese or cakes and muffins for a zesty health kick — or throw the whole, unpeeled fruit into a juicer so you get all the benefits.
Pumpkin, butternut and other squashes
All squashes are high in zinc, which helps promote healthy skin and nails, and the antioxidant beta carotene which protects against heart disease and cancer.
‘The skin itself is obviously too tough to eat, but the closer you scrape it against the skin for the pulp — where it’s more of a rich, orange colour — the more nutrients you’ll get,’ Dr Glenville says.
And don’t ditch the seeds, either — these are an excellent source of Omega 6 and essential fatty acids that keep your brain healthy.
HOW TO EAT IT: Wash the seeds in warm water and bake with a drizzle of olive oil for about 20 minutes. Use to sprinkle on salads and soups.
Most people know potato skins are healthy, but few are aware of the reason why. It’s because the skin is a real nutritional powerhouse. Just one fist-sized potato skin provides half your daily recommended intake of soluble fibre, potassium, iron, phosphorous zinc and vitamin C.
‘Pound for pound, potatoes contain more vitamin C than oranges, so are perfect for anyone looking to ward off colds,’ says Dr Glenville.
HOW TO EAT IT: Bake whole as jackets, boil and mash with the skin on, or slice into wedges, toss in a little olive oil and bake for potato wedges.
Courtesy of Daily Mail & Urdu Digest
10 Amazing Benefits Of Lauki Juice For Health And Beauty
Lauki, which is also known by a variety of other names like bottle gourd, calabash gourd, doodhi and ghiya, is a staple item as far as Indian cuisine is concerned. It is a vegetable with pale, smooth and waxy green surface and white spongy pulp. The juice of lauki is consumed by thousands of people because they believe that it would benefit their health in many ways.
Why Lauki Juice:
As lauki contains almost 96% of water, it is perfect for juice extraction. It is readily available in the market and is affordable too! Moreover, extracting the juice from lauki is not at all difficult. Lauki juice is rich in Vitamin C, Vitamin B, sodium, iron and potassium. It has low fat and cholesterol level. As a result, this anti-oxidant drink is quite popular among health conscious individuals.
Did you know that every cup of lauki juice that you drink contains 26 mg of Vitamin C? Vitamin C, which is an active antioxidant, protects the cells from being damaged. It also prevents DNA oxidation. Moreover, it boosts the production of collagen. Zinc, which is an essential mineral, is amply present in lauki juice. In fact, with every cup of bottle gourd juice that you drink, you supply your body with about 1.8 mg of zinc. Zinc is helpful in maintaining healthy functioning of cells and regulation of hormones in the body.
Top 8 Health Benefits Of Lauki Juice:
Among the several benefits that you can derive from the juice of bottle gourd, here are the top 8 reasons for which you may wish to incorporate it in your regular diet chart:
1. Promotes Weight Loss:
Bottle gourd juice is popular among those who want to lose weight. All you need to do is peel the skin of a fresh lauki, cut it into little pieces, put it in a juicer and prepare the juice. Have this juice regularly to reduce your weight. As this juice is loaded with vitamins, potassium and iron, it is extremely nutritious. Moreover, this juice is believed to curb your appetite if you can manage to drink it in the morning in empty stomach.
2. Helps Digestion And Treats Constipation:
Bottle gourd contains not only soluble fiber, but also insoluble fiber along with high water content. Lauki juice is beneficial for improving the digestive system. Drinking lauki juice is known to treat constipation effectively. It also helps in treating problems related to digestive system like acidity and flatulence.
3. Provides Cooling Effect:
Since lauki juice is rich in water content, it provides a cooling to the body, which help to replenish the water lost in the form of sweat. It is an absolute must-have during summers!
4. Treats Urinary Problems:
Since it is diuretic in nature, lauki juice flushes out the excess water content from the body. Lauki juice becomes even more effective when a spoon of lime juice is added to it before consumption.
5. Treats Sleeping Disorders:
If you are suffering from insomnia, try mixing sesame oil with lauki juice. It is known to help you sleep better.
6. Replenishes Loss Of Water Content:
If you are suffering from health issues like profuse sweating, fatigue or diarrhea, then drinking a glass of lauki juice would prove to be extremely good for you. Lauki juice naturally helps to replace the water content lost and at the same time, controls extreme thirst, which is common among diabetic patients. It revitalizes you by replenishing the loss of water.
7. Keeps The Heart Healthy:
Drinking bottle gourd juice helps you to keep the heart healthy by regulating the blood pressure.
8. Reduces Inflammation Of Liver:
Ayurveda recommends drinking lauki juice for reducing inflammation of the liver.
Lauki Juice Recipe:
Drinking the juice of lauki has amazing bnefits. But if do not like the flavor and taste of raw bottle gourd, here is a lauki juice recipe that you may like to try:
Just follow this recipe and you too will become a fan of lauki juice!
Did you know that drinking bottle gourd juice regularly in the morning can be helpful in preventing baldness and premature graying of hair? Not only that, drinking bottle gourd juice is known to give a healthy glow to your skin and prevent pimples and acnes by promoting inner health. Lauki juice can be extremely good for your skin and your hair in the following ways:
9. To Prevent Untimely Graying Of Hair:
If you regularly drink lauki juice early in the morning, chances are that you would not get premature grey hair.
10. To Get Smooth And Beautiful Skin:
Since lauki juice internally cleanses your system, it helps to promote good skin by keeping pimples away and by balancing the secretion of oil.
Whether you decide to consume lauki juice or use it for external application, it is known to work wonders. You may like to try out the following easy beauty recipes that involve the use of lauki juice to get flawless skin and beautiful hair:
1. Lauki Juice-Amla Powder Hair Treatment Formula:
2. Lauki Juice-Amla Juice Dandruff Treatment:
3. Lauki Juice Hair Pack For Grey Hair:
4. Lauki Juice-cucumber Face Pack:
It is a soothing face pack that gives your skin a squeaky clean feeling and nourishes your skin at the same time.
5. Lauki Juice-tomato Juice Astringent:
A Word Of Caution:
While drinking of lauki juice is hightly recommended for all the health and beauty benefits it has to offer, you must practice precaution while using it. Drinking bitter lauki juice may pose severe threats. Some of the major effects of drinking bottle gourd juice, which is bitter in taste, include abdominal pain, vomiting and diarrhea. Hence, refrain from drinking bitter lauki juice and in case you happen to drink it by mistake, make sure you visit the doctor as soon as possible. Moreover, you must avoid mixing the bottle gourd juice with any other juice.
Lauki juice has innumerable benefits. Since it is easy to lay your hands on bottle gourd and extremely hassle-free to extract the juice, why not use it to your advantage?
So, when do you plan to start drinking lauki juice as a part of your regular diet? Or have you started using it? Share with us below in the comments section.
Courtesy of Style Craze
Lemon Health and Beauty Benefits
Benefits Of Lemon Water For Skin, Hair And Health – is page k end per Lemon kay faiday Urdu main diaye gaye hain.
Lemon or Citrus Limon is a wonder fruit for your body. It is a powerhouse of vital nutrients as well as antioxidants that are essential for restoring your health and rejuvenating the entire physical system. The benefits of lemon even double when it is consumed with pure warm water. Start your day by drinking a glass of fresh lemon water and revitalize yourself. Here are some major positive impacts of lemon water on your health, skin and hair:
Benefits of Lemon Water for Health:
1. Lemon water is rich in vitamin C, which is a great immunity booster for your body. It fights against the attacks of viruses and bacteria effectively. As a result, you don’t get prone to frequent illness.
2. The amount of potassium present in lemon is also quite high. This mineral is helpful in stimulating the functions of the entire Central Nervous System (CNS). It also keeps free radicals under check, boosts the formation of blood cells, regulates blood pressure and so forth. In brief, lemon water can protect you from a number of potential physical disorders and keep you energized.
3. Even though lemons are citrus fruits, they have an amazing capacity of balancing the pH levels of your body. You would be surprised to know that drinking lemon water regularly is one of the best ways to neutralize the body by reducing the acidity and making it alkaline.
4. Lemons are extremely beneficial for the cardiovascular system. The antioxidants present in these fruits can curb down the adverse effects of toxins as well as harmful free radicals on your heart and blood vessels. Moreover, the potassium content of lemons keeps all cardiac problems at bay by diminishing mental stress and relaxing the heart muscles. Therefore, including the magic potion of lemon water in your regular diet is certainly a wonderful choice for you.
5. Start your day with fresh lemon water in order to cure all your respiratory diseases. From mild bronchial issues to acute disorders like asthma, everything can be healed with this concoction.
6. Being a natural diuretic, lemons can increase the rate of urination, which is highly important for maintaining the health of your renal system. As lemon water promotes the elimination of toxins and other waste materials from the internal system, you can easily stay away from rheumatoid arthritis.
7. Lemon water is an outstanding remedy for indigestion. Just squeeze a few lemons in a glass full of warm water and drink it every day. This way, you can get rid of stomach ache, bloating, abdominal cramps etc. It boosts the secretion of your digestive juices, which makes the digestion smoother. Therefore, curing other related diseases like diarrhea, constipation etc. becomes much easier.
8. If you want to stay healthy, you have to keep your internal system clean and pure. Being a detoxifier, lemon water can purify your blood and take care of the overall health.
9. Fresh lemon water is a true bliss for obese people. It burns fat fast and keeps the appetite under control. Using warm water instead of cold one is really good for this purpose. You can also add a teaspoonful of honey to this concoction for getting the best results. Lemon water for weight loss is one of the most common and effective remedies you can hear off.
10. A daily habit of lemon water results in increased perspiration, which is helpful in healing fever or influenza. Bacterial infections in throat like tonsillitis, sore throat etc. can also be treated with it.
11. Lemon water assists you in taking care of your oral health. Whether you want to stop bleeding from your gum or get rid of bad breath, lemon water can be the perfect solution for you.
Benefits of Lemon Water for Skin:
12. Lemon is full of natural antioxidants. It can effectively combat damaging free radicals and remove them completely from your body. Being a good source of vitamin C, the fruit also repairs the damaged skin cells as well as helps you get rid of fine lines, blemishes, wrinkles, deep furrows etc. Hence, lemon water is considered as a great anti-aging solution.
13. Apart from free radicals, lemon water also purges toxic materials from your blood and keeps the skin clear and radiant. Vitamin C of lemon plays a key role in rejuvenating the facial skin internally so that you do not ever develop age spots and can stay young forever.
14. Regular intake of fresh lemon water can cure acne, blackheads and all such skin infections easily. You need to drink it on an empty stomach in the morning. The astringent properties of the mixture are also important for fading out facial scars.
Benefits of Lemon Water for Hair:
15. Lemon water has long been known as an amazing natural hair care solution. It can make your hair stronger by keeping the roots or follicles healthy. It also works as a natural stimulant for your hair and promotes its growth.
16. The antioxidants present in lemon are extremely favorable for your scalp. Hence, drinking lemon water in a regular manner is useful for treating dry scalp and dandruff permanently.
17. People with oily hair can also be benefited by lemon water. It is capable of decreasing the secretion of sebaceous glands present in your scalp, thereby preventing the hair follicles from getting clogged.
Courtesy of Style Craze
Click Below images and read all benefits.
9 Awesome Facts About Lemons You Should Know
When we were kids, our introduction to lemons wasn’t so friendly. (It went something like this.) But now that we’re all grown up, we actually like the tangy flavor it adds to our recipes for chicken, cookies and, most importantly, cocktails.
But now our relationship with lemons has moved from the kitchen to the bathroom, as we incorporate the citrus fruit into our beauty regimen. Lemons are a great source of calcium, vitamin C, magnesium and potassium — minerals and antioxidants that improve the appearance and condition of our hair, skin and nails. So we present nine awesome uses for lemons you should know.
Tip: Keep in mind that lemon juice should not be left on the body for extended periods of time and may have severe reactions when exposed to the sun. Always consult with your doctor if you have any concerns.
1. They heal acne and remove blackheads. Lemons’ antibacterial and antifungal properties make them a natural alternative to treat acne. Simply slice open a lemon and rub it across your face. Or you can add a few drops of honey to a lemon half before applying it directly to the area where you have blackheads. Wait five to 10 minutes before rinsing off with cold water.
2. They lighten dark spots and blemishes. Acne scars and marks are embarrassing and a pain to get rid of. Lemon juice’s citric acid gradually fades spots and evens your skin tone. Be cautious of open wounds or cuts on the face, as it can sting real bad.
3. They whiten teeth. Professional teeth whitening treatments can cost a fortune. Save yourself a lot of money and time with a homemade teeth whitener using baking soda and lemon juice. Mix the two ingredients into a bubbly solution and put onto your teeth with a Q-tip. Leave on for no more than one minute (the acid is strong enough to break down tooth enamel) and gently scrub off with a toothbrush.
4. They get rid of oily skin. We’ve tested out some pretty weird ways to bring down the shine on our faces, including laxatives. But swiping a cotton swab with a little lemon juice is just as effective. Try doing this before bed and washing your face the next morning to prevent oily skin.3
5. They brighten your hair color. The cheapest highlights you’ll ever pay for involve making a trip to the grocery store to buy lemons. Combine lemon juice and hair conditioner, comb through strands, sit in the sun for a few hours and wash out. Repeat these steps at least once a week, and you will notice that your hair is significantly lighter.
6. They strengthen nails. There are tons of nail hardeners on the shelves at your local drugstore, but you can get the same results — and naturally — using olive oil and lemon juice. The solution will not only condition weak and brittle nails, but it will also whiten yellowing nails.
7. They calm dry scalp and remedy dandruff. We’re huge believers in DIY hair masks. Massaging a combination of household staples like coconut oil, olive oil and raw honey with lemon juice onto your scalp is a simple solution for dry scalp and dandruff.
8. They soothe chapped lips. Another overnight beauty treatment that only requires slicing open a lemon is an exfoliant for chapped lips. Rub the fruit onto your pucker, then wash off the next morning. The lemon juice will remove any dead skin cells so that your lipstick goes on super smooth.
9. They cleanse the face and body. If you’re unsure about what’s lurking inside your favorite face or body wash, you can always be certain with a homemade cleanser made out of lemon juice, yogurt and an essential oil like lavender or chamomile. Massage this on to remove dirt and bacteria, while moisturizing your skin at the same time.
Courtesy of Huffington Post