How to do Push Ups for Beginners
Push-ups are an exercise, which strengthen the body and set the road for intense exercises. Here is a step-by-step guide to push-ups for beginners.
Health benefits of push-ups:
1) Improves circulation: Push-ups increase heart rate, thereby improving blood circulation in the body.
2) Metabolism: Due to increase in heart rate, our body’s metabolic rate also increases, inducing weight loss.
3) Child growth: Push-ups are beneficial for increasing the human growth hormone, hence beneficial for the growth of your child. It also promotes muscular growth.
4) Bone health: This home workout is excellent for reducing the risk of developing osteoporosis.
5) Muscle groups: Push-ups are effective for upper body conditioning and core muscle groups.
6) Injury: The body weight exercise reduces your chances of injuries, by toning your muscles and keeping you limber.
How to do a push-up:
For push-ups, your body should be in plank position. This means that you lie in a horizontal position and face the ground. The palm of your hand should support your body and your arms should be directly under your shoulder. Both hands should be apart.
Balance the body on the toes which, should be grounded.
Lower your body towards the ground until your chest touches the ground and keep your back straight. Keep the shoulders back and elbows tucked in. Exhale and push yourself back to the starting position.
- Avoid flaring your arms when stretched out.
- Do not forget to breathe when you go down and exhale when you push-up.
Courtesy of Health Me Up