How to Clean Furniture – Upholstered Furniture
(Upholstery Meaning in Urdu is “Parday” matlab parday ka ya kapray ka foam ka bana howa) Note For Urdu Readers: Urdu Main Kapray/Poshish say banay furniture ki Safai Ka Tarika aur Tips is page k akhir main di gai hain, page k akhri hisay main ja kar furniture ki safai k totkay parhain. Keeping your furniture clean will not only make it look more attractive, it will increase the longevity of the furniture’s materials. While cleaning a whole house worth of furniture can represent a major undertaking, it doesn’t have to be a hassle. By following a few simple steps, you can easily learn how to clean furniture effectively. Follow these suggestions for cleaning your furniture.
Clean Upholstered Furniture:
1. Remove any loose dirt from the upholstery. Use a small dusting brush to brush the upholstery until it is free from any visible dirt and dust. If the furniture has loose cushions, remove those and brush them separately.
2. Vacuum the furniture. Using a brush attachment on a vacuum cleaner, go over the entire piece of furniture. Make sure to vacuum all the upholstery, including both sides of any loose cushions.
3. Make a detergent mixture. Mix 1 part laundry detergent to 4 parts warm water in a large mixing bowl (make sure to use a detergent that doesn’t contain bleach). A quarter cup (59 ml) of detergent and a full cup (236 ml) of water will be enough to clean one large piece of furniture, such as a sofa. Beat these ingredients together with a wire whisk or an electric mixer until the texture is creamy and stiff peaks begin to form.
4. Test the detergent mixture in an inconspicuous spot. Dip a sponge into the detergent mixture and rub some of it onto the back or underside of the upholstery – somewhere where it is not likely to be seen. Wipe the spot dry with a cloth and then let it air dry completely. If any discoloration occurs, don’t use the detergent mixture. Consider instead having the furniture cleaned professionally.
5. Scrub the detergent mixture into all of the upholstery. Use a sponge to rub the mixture into the furniture. Wipe the upholstery dry with a cloth as you work. Allow the detergent to sit and penetrate for several minutes on any stains or tough spots. When finished, allow the furniture to dry, and then replace any loose cushions.
6. Vacuum the furniture regularly. In order to reduce the amount of heavy soiling (and the need to deep clean the furniture), maintain a regularly cleaning regimen. Vacuuming upholstery once a week will keep it looking better for longer. Courtesy of WikiHow