How to Keep Teeth Strong and White
The right brushing technique plays a crucial role in giving the perfect smile and oral hygiene. It is very important for everyone to adopt the right method according to the age and sensitivity of gums and teeth. you may also like to read: how to keep teeth white
Steps to Keep Teeth Strong & Healthy :
1. Oral hygiene is a prime key to confidence. If one does not have healthy gums or has bad breath, then it will definitely affect the confidence that a person has. Improper cleaning technique is one major reason for bad breath and bad oral health. It’s good if one follows proper techniques to maintain the hygiene. It is said that improper brushing technique can damage your teeth severely.
2. Clean your teeth regularly. You should brush your teeth at least once per day and floss regularly.
- Begin by flossing before you brush. You can ensure that the space between your teeth is clean and your gums remain healthy.
- Brush your teeth for at least two minutes each time and at least twice a day. It is essential that one should give appropriate time to oral health otherwise one has to face the consequences in the long run.
- Make short and delicate strokes. Teeth are delicate organ and they need soft and mild handling, especially if one is already facing any oral problem.
- Gum cleaning is as important as tooth cleaning. It’s very important that while one is brushing, at that time some gentle strokes must be hit on gums too.
3. Choose a toothbrush that has extremely soft bristles so that it won’t rupture your gum line that results in bleeding.
4. Parents have to pay extra care when they place a tooth brush in their child’s hand. Kids usually don’t know about the proper cleaning techniques, so it’s good if parents tell them about each and every detail. Different cleaning techniques for people of different age groups are:
- Scrubbing technique: This method is for children who are below 9 years of age. Make sure parents are choosing soft bristles with tasteful toothpaste so that they don’t shirk from cleaning their teeth.
- Bass technique: Kids between the ages of 10 to 15 years are supposed to make circular movements so that an adequate massage can be provided to developing gums. This covers all the gums and teeth area and gives a completely clean mouth.
- Roll technique: In this technique one is supposed to give short strokes towards the teeth surface from gum margin. It is said that improper following of this technique may lead to neglected gum margin clean out.
- Fones technique: This is most commonly adopted technique as it is the easiest one. In this technique, the brush is moved in circular motion. Nowadays most of the dentists advise not to use it because it may lead to tooth abrasion.
- Charter’s method: In this technique, individual has to place the brush partially over the gums and partially over the teeth. Vibrating effect is given to the brush in circular movements. This technique is very beneficial but difficult to learn. This is why this is an unpopular technique.
5. Apart from the above mentioned techniques, there are several other techniques which are very beneficial in order to get the best brushing for your teeth. One can incorporate any, but be careful while making contact with gum line.
6. Chew sugarless gum. Regular gum often has a lot of sugar in it, which can lead to tooth decay and other dental issues. Sugarless gum has a similar taste to regular gum and will help generate saliva in your mouth to clean away bacteria.
7. Consume your daily dose of Vitamin C. Keeping up with your vitamins and minerals will help reduce dental issues, especially gingivitis.
Courtesy of Wiki How
Special Thanks to Tips in Urdu PK