MGT510 VU Assignment No. 2 Fall 2013 Solution
TOTAL QUALITY MANAGEMENT (MGT510)
ASSIGNMENT NO. 02
DUE DATE: JANUARY 27, 2013
Scenario: Every organization intends and strives to increase its business as much as it can. Increase in the scope of the business not only requires new technology but also results in the increase of human resources of the organizations as it is the human resources that operates machinery, add more to it and succeeds to get a competitive advantage over the other competing organizations. Therefore it is becoming more and more important as well as challenging to have competent workforce that can help an organization achieve its vision and mission. To have such a competent workforce organizations need to develop policies that can help attract, retain, motivate and groom employees to yield. Due to its increasing prominence for the organization growth and success, the bodies that regulate the business organizations also came to lime light to address these issues.
Question: Describe how the ISO: 9001‐2000 provides guidelines to the organizations so that they may use their human resources as per the standards.
24 hours extra / grace period after the due date is usually available to overcome
uploading difficulties. This extra time should only be used to meet the
emergencies and above mentioned due dates should always be treated as final
to avoid any inconvenience.
• Make sure to upload the solution file before the due date on VULMS.
• Any submission made via email after the due date will not be accepted.
• Use the font style “Times New Roman” or “Arial” and font size “12”.
• It is advised to compose your document in MS-Word format.
• You may also compose your assignment in Open Office format.
• Use black and blue font colors only.
• Use APA style for referencing and citation. For guidance search “APA
reference style” in Google and read various websites containing
information for better understanding or visit
APA REFERENCE STYLE: Table of Contents
RULES FOR MARKING
Please note that your assignment will not be graded or graded as Zero (0), if:
• It is submitted after the due date.
• The file you uploaded does not open or is corrupt.
• It is in any format other than MS-Word or Open Office; e.g. Excel,
PowerPoint, PDF etc.
• It is cheated or copied from other students, internet, books, journals etc.
Note related to load shedding: Please be proactive
· ISO International Standards ensure that products and services are safe, reliable and of good quality. For business, they are strategic tools that reduce costs by minimizing waste and errors, and increasing productivity. They help companies to access new markets, level the playing field for developing countries and facilitate free and fair global trade.
· International Standards are strategic tools and guidelines to help companies tackle some of the most demanding challenges of modern business. They ensure that business operations are as efficient as possible, increase productivity and help companies access new markets. Benefits include: Cost savings – International Standards help optimise operations and therefore improve the bottom line Enhanced customer satisfaction – International Standards help improve quality, enhance customer satisfaction and increase sales Access to new markets – International Standards help prevent trade barriers and open up global markets Increased market share – International Standards help increase productivity and competitive advantage Environmental benefits – International Standards help reduce negative impacts on the environment.
more solution ideas coming soon…