Shammi Dahi Baray Recipe
Shammi Dahi Baray is also like dahi Baray but its bit change, this is very special dish often use on special events and occasions, try this rare recipe of Shammi Dahi Baray at your home with these simple tricks. Do not refrigerate the tikkis as they will lose their softness.
Try Shammi Dahi Baray to bring the change on your Ramadan Table, Shammi Dahi Baray Recipe is very rare, it is often used in foreign countries, serve as a snack, iftari, tea time or light lunch.
- Lamb (boned and diced) 500 gms
- Salt 12 gms
- Red chilli powder (optional) 10 gms
- Coriander powder (optional) 10 gms
- Turmeric powder 3.5 gms
- Cumin seeds (jeera) whole 3 gms
- Onion (chopped) 100 gms
- Ginger (chopped) 10 gms
- Garlic (chopped) 10 gms
- Split Bengal gram (chana dal) 60 gms
- Garam masala powder 5 gms
- Fresh yoghurt 900 gms
- Sugar 20 gms
- Fresh mint (chopped) 6 gms
- Buttermilk (or thin yoghurt) 500 mls
- Refined oil for frying
- Roasted Zeera (jeera) powder 5 gms
1.Place lamb in the pot and add salt, red chilli, coriander, turmeric, cumin, onion, ginger, garlic and dal.
2. Pour enough water to cover lamb and cook until meat is tender.
3. Allow most of the water to evaporate and drain the rest.
4. Use a blender to turn the mixture into a paste, adding the garam masala.
5. Divide paste into equal size tikkis.
6. Flatten out the tikkis using wet hands and give each one a smooth and even shape.
7. Heat oil and fry a few tikkis at a time until they are golden brown.
8. Dip them in a buttermilk and leave to soak for a few minutes.
9. Take the tikkis out and gently squeeze out excess buttermilk.
10. Arrange tikkis in a shallow dish.
11. Pour yoghurt mixed with salt, sugar and chopped mint over them.
12. Garnish with roasted cumin powder.
13. Add chopped coriander and red chilli powder to taste and serve cold.
14. Chef’s tip: Do not refrigerate the tikkis as they will lose their softness.